We don't like to boast, but we've won quite a few awards over the years. And we're very proud of all our award-winning hotels, brands, campaigns and people.
IHG ranked #1 for fifth straight year in the hotel and motel category in 2009 Entrepreneur Magazine’s 30th Annual Franchise 500
In addition, IHG also ranked fifth across all industries of the Franchise 500 rankings. Also as part of the rankings, Entrepreneur Magazine ranked IHG 22nd among the Fastest-Growing Franchises across all industries.
- IHG received the 2009 Hotel Visionary Awards from Hospitality Technology
These awards honour hotel companies for their outstanding vision and achievement in technology and service innovation.
- IHG received the Eco-lodging Award at the China Hotel Investment Summit (CHIS) 2009.
- IHG won the Travel Supplier Award at the National Business Travel Association’s (NBTA) first Green Travel Summit in California.
- Innovation Hotel won the Innovator in Corporate Social Responsibility award at the Hotel Report awards on 19 February.
- IHG was awarded for the Best Initiative in Sustainable Development at the Worldwide Hospitality Awards for two of our green initiatives - Green Engage and Innovation Hotel.
- IHG earns 117 spot on 2009 InformationWeek 500 list of top technology innovators.
- IHG wins Technology Association of Georgia in the Large Company category for its PERFORMSM with Price Optimization. The Excalibur Award recognises companies that have demonstrated outstanding competency in utilising technology to enhance their businesses.
- IHG was recognized as a top 3 finalist for Computerworld's Enterprise Intelligence Awards for PERFORMSM in the Industry Innovation category and for its EDW in the Customer Intelligence management category. Computerworld’s Enterprise Intelligence Award Program focuses on best practices in the use of information technology solutions built on Teradata platforms.
- IHG ranked 31 in the American Society for Training & Development’s 2009 BEST Awards program.
IHG is among 39 organizations from Canada, Hong Kong, India, Singapore, and the United States to receive an ASTD BEST Award. The ASTD BEST Awards recognize organizations that demonstrate enterprise-wide success through employee learning and development.
Holiday Inn Club Vacations
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations received Lodging Hospitality’s Chain Leadership Awards
in the Vacation Ownership category for excellence in innovation.
Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Express received The Award for Branding Bravery
at the 2009 Festival of Media Awards in Valencia, Spain. The award was for their work with Digitas on the Stay Smart America campaign.
InterContinental Hotels & Resorts
- InterContinental Hotels & Resorts named World’s Leading Hotel Brand at World Travel Awards 2009
- Staybridge Suites ranked highest in the extended-stay segment according to the J.D. Power and Associates 2009 Hotel Guest Satisfaction Study.
- Staybridge Suites named Best in Customer Satisfaction by Market Metrix, LLC for superiority in customer satisfaction among all upscale hotel brands during the first quarter of 2009.
- Staybridge Suites Newcastle won the ‘Best Building’ award in the Newcastle upon Tyne ‘Lord Mayor’s Design Awards 2009 – The People’s Choice’.