We don't like to boast, but we've won quite a few awards over the years. And we're very proud of all our award-winning hotels, brands, campaigns and people.
- www.IHG.com/corporate was ranked #5 in the FTSE100 websites survey.
This survey ranks UK based corporate websites on function, presentation, and usability.
- IHG was named as the #4 "Best Places to Work" in Atlanta by Atlanta Magazine.
The company was nominated by one or more employees. Based on additional feedback from an employee survey and the benefits IHG offers, IHG was chosen as a top employer in Atlanta and one of the best places to work.
- IHG’s Report to the Community earned the International Association of Business Communicators 2008 Golden Flame Award.
InterContinental Hotels & Resorts
- InterContinental Chicago was awarded the Paragon Award by the readers of Corporate Meetings & Incentives for being one of the top hotels for corporate meetings.
- The Scottish Hotels of the Year Awards 2008
On Sunday 24th February 2008, Holiday Inn Aberdeen West was awarded The Scottish Hotels of the Year Award 2008 – Rising Star Hotel of the Year, in recognition of its service and quality since opening in October 2006. The Crowne Plaza Glasgow, on the banks of the River Clyde, was also named Scottish Conference Hotel of the Year and Dominic McVey, General Manager at the Crowne Plaza, was awarded the Business Excellence Award for an individual manager. Mark Duncan, also of the Crowne Plaza, was named Scottish Banqueting Manager of the Year.
- Holiday Inn is named the Best Mid-Market Hotel Brand in the World and Best Mid-Market Hotel Brand in Asia Pacific at the Business Traveller Asia Pacific Awards for eight successive years.
Holiday Inn Express
- "The Smart Show" won the 2008 OMMA (The Magazine of Online Media, Marketing & Advertising) Award for "Best Integrated Online Campaign – Travel." Joining forces with with Digitas and HBO Productions, Holiday Inn Express hired a host, conducted and publicized a co-host casting contest, and then took the team on a two-month, cross-country road trip from Boston to LA.
- Candlewood Suites received the "Chain Leadership" award in the Environmental Action category from the editors of Lodging Hospitality magazine for IHG’s re:serves program.
IHG created a pilot program with Candlewood Suites to determine if it was possible to divert and reuse some of the waste generated from remodeling hotel rooms. Working with 55 properties nationally during the Candlewood Suites bedding replacement roll-out, and in partnership with the National Furniture Bank, nearly 270 tons of discarded material was diverted from landfills and more than 4,300 families received useable bedding material. As a result, Candlewood Suites owners were saved $100,000 in disposal costs.