- Back to topBack to top
- Overview of 2019Overview of 2019
- From the Chair & CEOFrom the Chair & CEO
- Financial highlightsFinancial highlights
- Our brandsOur brands
- Where we operateWhere we operate
- Trends shaping our industryTrends shaping our industry
- Our business modelOur business model
- Our strategy for high-quality growthOur strategy for high-quality growth
- Our culture, key stakeholders and doing business responsiblyOur culture, key stakeholders and doing business responsibly
and Form 20-F 2019
Summary of our Annual
Report and Form 20-F 2019
An overview of 2019
Our business and achievements for the year.
Where we operate
We operate in more than 100 countries globally.
Group revenue from
Group operating profit from reportable segments
Number of rooms
Number of rooms
Our business model
Through our business model, we predominantly franchise our brands and manage hotels on behalf of third-party hotel owners. As an asset-light business, we focus on growing our fee revenues and fee margins, with limited requirements for capital.
Owned and leased hotels
Our strategy for high-quality growth
Our clearly defined strategy is designed to deliver industry leading net rooms growth over the medium term. We grow our brands in high value markets where we can tap into deep pools of consumer demand to create scale positions and develop a differentiated guest and owner offer.
Our focus is on delivering high-quality growth, which means consistent, sustained growth in cash flows and profits over the long-term. The execution of our strategy is underpinned by a clear commitment to operate a responsible business.
Our culture, key stakeholders and doing business responsibly
Our focus on doing business responsibly and the way we interact with our stakeholders, helps create a diverse, healthy and inclusive culture. IHG’s purpose and strategy go beyond a simple hotel stay and shareholder returns; it also includes the impact we have on the environment and the communities we work in.