Governance and leadership
Our culture of responsible business begins with strong leadership and the highest standards of governance. Our Board leads our governance framework which supports IHG®'s culture, values, and commitment to doing business responsibly.
The Corporate Responsibility Committee provides direction, oversight and advice to the Board on the Group’s corporate responsibility objectives and strategy, including its environmental impact, social and community impact, human rights considerations and stakeholder engagement.
During 2016, its priorities are to continue to:
- Drive meaningful progress on our five-year corporate responsibility targets, and consider and determine targets for the period beyond 2017.
- Enhance our efforts to reduce water use in our operations through developing our water stewardship strategy.
- Accelerate the roll-out of IHG Academy across our global hotel estate and to deliver a positive impact on participants and our hotels.
- Enhance disaster preparedness efforts in IHG hotels and local communities to deliver greater community resilience.
- Increase awareness of human rights, embed the human rights standard and leverage e-learning courses and other training.
- Deliver the stakeholder engagement plan, with a focus on guest engagement.
Read information on the Board and all of its Committees