Governance and leadership
Our culture of responsible business begins with strong leadership and the highest standards of governance. Our Board leads our governance framework which supports IHG's culture, values, and commitment to doing business responsibly.
The Corporate Responsibility Committee provides direction, oversight and advice to the Board on the Group’s corporate responsibility objectives and strategy, including its environmental impact, social and community impact, human rights considerations and stakeholder engagement.
During 2017, its priorities are to continue to:
- Deliver against our five-year corporate responsibility targets, and consider and determine targets for the period beyond 2017.
- Further enhance our efforts to reduce water use in our operations through developing our water stewardship strategy.
- Leverage our IHG Green Engage system and implement a number of initiatives to further reduce our carbon footprint.
- Accelerate the roll-out of IHG Academy across our global hotel estate and to deliver a positive impact on participants and our hotels.
- Continue to enhance disaster preparedness efforts in IHG hotels and local communities to deliver greater community resilience.
- Continue to increase awareness of human rights, embed the human rights standard and leverage e-learning courses and other training on Modern Slavery.
- Continue to deliver the stakeholder engagement plan, with a focus on guest and IHG Rewards Club member engagement.
Read information on the Board and all of its Committees