The Board has established the following four Committees to assist in the discharge of its responsibilities:
Chairman: Ian Dyson
Members: Anne Busquet, Jo Harlow, Jill McDonald, Dale Morrison
- Leads on internal controls and risk management; financial reporting; internal audit; fraud and whistleblowing and external audit and compliance.
- Maintains working relationships with management, Global Internal Audit, Disclosure Committee and the external Auditor.
Download PDF of the Audit Committee's terms of reference PDF 0.26Mb
Corporate Responsibility Committee
Chairman: Jill McDonald
Members: Anne Busquet, Luke Mayhew, Richard Solomons
- Leads on corporate responsibility objectives and strategy, and our approach to sustainable development.
- Reviews our impact on the environment and communities.
- Leads on IHG's stakeholder engagement.
Download PDF of the Corporate Responsibility Committee's terms of reference PDF 0.20Mb
Chairman: Patrick Cescau
Members: Anne Busquet, Ian Dyson, Jo Harlow, Luke Mayhew, Jill McDonald, Dale Morrison
- Leads on and examines nominations and appointments to the Board and its Committees, and makes recommendations to the Board.
- Responsible for reviewing the Group's leadership needs.
Download PDF of the Nomination Committee's terms of reference PDF 0.22Mb
Chairman: Luke Mayhew
Members: Ian Dyson, Jo Harlow, Dale Morrison
- Leads on and reviews all aspects of remuneration of the Executive Directors and Executive Committee members, and remuneration policy for senior executives.
Download PDF of the Remuneration Committee's terms of reference PDF 0.23Mb
We also have the following Management Committees:
- Considers and manages a range of strategic and business issues facing the Group.
- Monitors IHG's performance and is authorised to approve capital and revenue investment within levels agreed by the Board.
- Makes recommendations to the Board on significant decisions requiring Board approval.
- Chaired by the Chief Executive Officer.
Download PDF of the Executive Committee's terms of reference PDF 0.18Mb
- Ensures proper procedures are in place for information disclosures required pursuant to UK and US accounting, statutory or listing requirements.
- Chaired by the Group's Financial Controller and comprises the Company Secretary and other senior management.
- Reports to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Financial Officer and the Audit Committee.
Download PDF of the Disclosure Committee's terms of reference PDF 0.24Mb
General Purposes Committee
- Attends to business of a routine nature and to the administration of matters, the principles of which have been agreed previously by the Board or an appropriate Committee.
- Chaired by an Executive Committee member and comprises an Executive Committee member and senior officer from an agreed list.
Download PDF of the General Purposes Committee's terms of reference PDF 0.20Mb