Every year IHG, our brands and our people win hundreds of awards around the world. We're very proud of each of them. Below is a sample of the awards we have won over the past four years.
IHG was listed on Glassdoor’s Best Places To Work 2019, based on feedback from UK-based employees
IHG was was named a 2019 Best Place to Work for LGBTQ equality, earning a 100% perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index for the fifth year running
For the tenth consecutive year, Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants was listed on Forbes’ list of The Best Employers for Diversity 2019
For the ninth consecutive year, The Atlanta Journal Constitution listed IHG as a 2019 Top Workplace in the Large Workplaces category
Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants was listed on Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2019
- IHG was named an industry leader on the S&P Dow Jones Sustainability Indices for the second consecutive year. We achieved first place in RobecoSAM’s Hotels, Resorts & Cruise Lines industry group, with the highest score for the industry on our Corporate Sustainability Assessment
- More than 60 IHG hotels won at the Condé Nast Readers’ Choice Awards 2018. This includes InterContinental Budapest as Top Hotel in Central Europe, Kimpton Seafire Resort & Spa as Top Hotel in the Caribbean, and Kimpton Van Zandt as Top Hotel in the U.S
- In 2018, IHG was named an AON Global Best Employer for the second year running
- Readers of USA Today ranked Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants on its 10Best Readers’ Choice 2018 list for Best Luxury Hotel Brand
- IHG received a perfect score of 100 on the Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index for the fourth year straight
- IHG awarded ‘Top Employers United Kingdom 2018’ and ‘Top Employers China 2018’ certification by the Top Employers Institute
- The Values Institute named Holiday Inn the most trusted travel-industry brand in the Americas
- Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts was named best Mid-Range Hotel Brand in Greater China 2018 at the TTG China Travel Awards
- Our InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand was named Asia’s Leading Hotel Brand 2018 at the World Travel Awards – Asia and Australasia and Europe’s Leading Business Hotel Brand at the World Travel Awards – Europe
- The Atlanta Journal-Constitution named IHG in their ‘2017 Top Workplaces in Atlanta’ list
- IHG awarded ‘Top Employers United Kingdom 2017’ and ‘Top Employers China 2017’ certification by the Top Employers Institute
- IHG won a Gold award for ‘Best Management of Investor and Analyst Relations’ and Bronze for ‘Best FTSE 100 corporate website’ in Communicate Magazine’s Corporate & Financial Awards, which showcase excellence in all aspects of city and financial communications
- IHG named as one of ‘India’s Best Companies to Work For’ by the Great Place to Work® Institute
- IHG received a Silver award for ‘Best Corporate Website’ at the 2017 Digital Impact Awards
- EVEN Hotels Times Square South listed one of the ‘Top 25 Hotels in the US’ in TripAdvisor’s 2017 Traveller’s Choice Awards
- IHG received a perfect score of 100 on the Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index for the third consecutive year
- IHG named as one of ‘Asia’s Best Multinational Workplaces 2017’ by Great Place to Work
- Holiday Inn ranked #2 in the top 10 ‘Most Powerful Hotel Brands’ and #5 out of the world’s top 50 ‘Most Valuable Hotels Brands’ in the Brand Finance Report
- SKYTRAX awarded Crowne Plaza Changi Airport Hotel as the ‘World’s Best Airport Hotel’ for the third consecutive year in the 2017 World Airport Awards
- For the fifth consecutive year, IHG was recognised by Universum as one of the ‘Most Attractive Employers’ across all industries, and in the top three in the tourism, hospitality and leisure industry
- IHG ranked #1 Graduate Employer in the Hospitality, Leisure and Tourism sector and third overall out of the ‘Top 100 Graduate Employers’ by The Job Crowd
- IHG globally recognised as an ‘Aon Global Best Employer’ by Aon Hewitt, based on employee engagement scores
- InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Hotel Indigo, Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn Express all listed as ‘Top 10 Most Influential Hotel Brands’ in their respective segments by Meadin
- InterContinental Hotels & Resorts named ‘World’s Leading Hotel Brand’ for the eleventh time by the 2017 World Travel Awards.
- IHG crowned industry leader for sustainability in the 2017 S&P Dow Jones Sustainability Indices, which are the gold standard for recognising sustainability performance
- IHG ranked #1 in Management Today’s ‘Britain’s Most Admired Companies’ list (Leisure & Hotels category)
- InterContinental Hotels & Resorts ranked ‘Best Business Hotel Chain Worldwide’ in the Business Traveller Awards
- InterContinental Hotels & Resorts ranked third in the KPMG Nunwood 2017 US Customer Experience Excellence Analysis, moving up 64 places in the last 12 months
- Staybridge Suites and Candlewood Suites ranked highest in guest satisfaction in the ‘Upper Extended Stay’ and ‘Extended Stay’ categories, respectively, in the J.D. Power 2017 North America Hotel Guest Satisfaction Index Study.
- IHG named ‘Britain’s most admired company in the leisure and hotels sector’ by Management Today
- IHG received Universum’s ‘China’s Most Attractive Employers Award’
- IHG awarded ‘Top Employers United Kingdom 2016’ and ‘Top Employers China 2016’ certification by the Top Employers Institute
- IHG certified as one of the 2016 Best Companies to Work for in Singapore and India by the Great Place to Work® Institute
- IHG listed as one of the ‘Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Fitness’ in Fast Company’s 2016 Most Innovative Companies issue for the creation of our EVEN Hotels brand
- IHG awarded ‘ALIS Merger & Acquisition of the Year 2015’ at the Americas Lodging Investment Summit in January 2016 for the acquisition of Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants in 2015
- The Atlanta Journal-Constitution named IHG in their ‘2016 Top Workplaces in Atlanta’ list
- IHG CEO Richard Solomons named one of Glassdoor’s 25 Highest Rated CEOs in the UK as part of its annual Employees’ Choice Awards
- Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants listed in Fortune Magazine’s ‘Best 100 companies to work for’ list
- InterContinental Hotels & Resorts named ‘World’s Leading Hotel Brand’ by the World Travel Awards
- IHG Rewards Club won four Freddie Awards, including ‘Best Customer Service’ and ‘Best Redemption Ability’
- Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts awarded ‘Best Hotel Chain’ by The Guardian and Observer Travel Awards
- Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts voted ‘Best Upscale Hotel Brand in North America’ by Business Travel News – up from eighth in 2015
- Holiday Inn won ‘Best Mid-Scale Hotel Brand’ in the TTG China Travel Awards for the sixth consecutive year
- The Flyer Travel Awards named HUALUXE Hotels & Resorts ‘Best New Hotel Brand in China’
- IHG ranked as a ‘Most Admired Company 2015’ by Fortune Magazine.
- IHG awarded 'Top Employers United Kingdom 2015' certification by the Top Employers Institute.
- IHG named one of ‘Forbes Top 50 Green Brands’ and one of 'Forbes Most Reputable Companies 2015’.
- Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants named on FORTUNE's 100 Best Places to Work For® list and ranked highest of any hospitality company in the US.
- IHG named a ‘Gold Learning Elite Organization’ by Chief Learning Officer Magazine.
- IHG named in The Atlanta Journal Constitution's 'Top 100 Places to Work Atlanta’ list.
- IHG awarded ‘China’s Most Attractive Employers’ award by Unversum.
- IHG Rewards Club awarded ‘Best Customer Service in the Middle East and Asia’ and ‘Best Redemption Ability in Europe and Africa’ at the Freddie Awards.
- IHG's app named 'Best Travel Mobile App’ at the 2015 Flyertea Travel Awards.
- EVEN Hotels awarded Mobile Excellence Award for the ‘Best Mobile App for Health and Fitness'.
- Holiday Inn named ‘Best Mid-Scale Hotel Brand’ at the TTG China Travel Awards.
- IHG ranked third in The Sunday Times' list of the ‘25 Best Big Companies to Work For’.
- IHG named on FORTUNE Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies list, coming fourth in the Hotels, Casinos and Resorts Industry category.
- IHG named in The Atlanta Journal Constitution's 'Top 100 Places to Work Atlanta’ list.
- IHG named 'Best British Company' of the Year at the British Business Awards 2014 in China.
- InterContinental Hotels & Resorts named 'World’s Leading Hotel Brand' at the 21st World Travel Awards Grand Finals.
- IHG Rewards Club named 'Best Hotel Rewards Programme in the World' by Global Traveler Magazine for the tenth consecutive year.
- IHG Rewards Club recognised with 5 awards at the 2014 Freddie Awards.
- IHG's mobile app voted by Apptentive as the best iOS app in the world.
- Hotel Indigo awarded the 'Platinum A Design Award' in Architecture, Building and Structure Design Competition 2013-2014.
- The Holiday Inn brand named 'Most Improved Brand Pan Europe and Benelux' in the 2014 Hotel Brand Performance Awards.
- Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts named 'Best Mid-Market Brand in the World' and 'Best Mid-Market Brand in Asia-Pacific' at the 2014 Business Traveller Asia Pacific Awards.