Our strategy for high-quality growth focuses on strengthening our diverse portfolio of differentiated brands, building scale
in key markets, creating lifetime guest relationships, and delivering revenue to hotels through the lowest-cost, direct
channels. Our strategy is underpinned by great technology and our proposition to third-party owners is highly competitive
and drives superior returns.
We execute an asset-light strategy with a focus on the most attractive, high-growth markets and industry segments. We take
a disciplined approach to capital allocation, investing for the future growth of our brands, and we ensure all of our
actions are undertaken responsibly. This enables us to drive sustainable growth in our profitability and deliver superior
shareholder returns over the long term.
Our family of brands is broad but targeted and reflects guest needs and occasions rather than traditional industry classifications.
Whether it be an overnight getaway, a business trip, a family celebration or a once in a lifetime experience, our brands
meet these needs and are supported by the world's largest loyalty programme, IHG
® Rewards Club.
IHG has leading scale in some of the industry’s most attractive segments - from the world's largest luxury hotel brand,
® Hotels & Resorts, and our leading boutique presence with Kimpton
® Hotels & Restaurants and Hotel Indigo
®, to the world's largest hotel brand with the Holiday Inn
® Brand Family.
Value creation: delivering industry-leading medium term net rooms growth
- Build & leverage scale
- Strengthen loyalty programme
- Enhance revenue delivery
- Evolve owner proposition
- Optimise our preferred portfolio of brands for owners & guests
- Attractive markets
- Highest opportunity segments
- Managed & franchised model
- New organisational design will redeploy resources to leverage scale and accelerate growth
- Initiatives funded by company-wide efficiency programme
- Capital discipline & balance sheet philosophy remain unchanged
Whilst doing business responsibly
- The Winning Model is our framework for delivering superior value creation through our brands, our people and our
- We operate a targeted portfolio, focusing on the most attractive markets for IHG and in the highest opportunity segments,
with an asset-light business model.
- Through disciplined execution we prioritise investment in our technology platforms and our people, as well as delivering
- A commitment to operating our business responsibly underpins our entire strategy.
Measuring our success
We measure our performance with a set of carefully selected key performance indicators (KPIs), which monitor our success
in achieving our strategy and delivering high-quality growth.
View our KPIs
How we drive demand
More than 5,300 hotels and almost 800,000 guest rooms in nearly 100 countries
13 hotel brands well known and loved by guests around the world
® Rewards Club
More than 100 million enrolled members
Mobile friendly branded websites, offering almost 90 languages in total
Exclusive rates for IHG Rewards Club members when they book direct
75% rooms revenue delivery*
Food and Beverage
Non-rooms revenue, the majority of which is F&B, contributed approximately 15% of total gross revenues
for IHG in 2016
9 global call centres around the world, covering 13 languages
World class systems
Global Sales force of nearly 18,000
Annual fund to maintain marketing and systems that generate demand for our hotels
*Definition: This figure relates to rooms revenue delivered to hotels through bookings made directly with IHG, bookings
by IHG Rewards Club members made directly with hotels, and bookings made via Online Travel Agencies and the Global