24 January 2020
IHG® reinforces mainstream leadership with anticipated first markets for Atwell Suites™ and new openings for avid™ hotels
IHG® (InterContinental Hotels Group), one of the world’s leading hotel companies, continues to reinforce its mainstream category leadership with exciting growth of its newest brands Atwell Suites™ and avid™ hotels.
The Atwell Suites brand, a dynamic all-suites hotel concept first offered for U.S. franchise sales in September 2019, continues to receive applications for development from owners across the country. IHG is working quickly to review and finalize applications with owners and today announced anticipated first markets for new-build Atwell Suites properties including diverse, vibrant locations such as Charlotte, North Carolina; Phoenix; Denver; and the San Francisco Bay Area.
Additionally, IHG’s avid hotels brand continues to grow in the U.S. and beyond. There are more than 80 avid hotels under construction or with planning approved, including the first location to break ground outside the U.S. in Fresnillo, Mexico in 2019.
Karen Gilbride, Vice President, avid hotels and Atwell Suites, IHG, commented: “The strong interest in our newest mainstream brands, as well as the wide variety of sites being considered for development, illustrates the broad appeal that exists for both owners and guests. We look forward to continued partnership and collaboration with owners as we grow these brands and deliver inspiring new hotel experiences for travelers.”
New avid hotels Now Welcoming Guests
The avid hotels brand, originally unveiled in 2017, is thoughtfully designed to meet guests’ expectations for the basics done exceptionally well at a great value. Each avid hotel features a fresh modern design; vibrant, open public spaces; and guest rooms made for a good night’s rest. Recently opened, new-build avid hotels properties include:
- avid hotel Orlando International Airport (Florida) – The 91-room hotel is less than two miles from the Orlando International Airport and in close proximity to local restaurants and entertainment. The hotel is owned by Reddy Hotels.
- avid hotel Augusta W – Grovetown (Georgia) – The 95-room hotel is located in close proximity to the Augusta National Golf Club, home to one of the largest golf events in the world, and is only 20 minutes from Augusta Regional Airport. The hotel is owned by Vivek Shah Hotels.
- avid hotel Madison – Monona (Wisconsin) – The 92-room hotel is centrally located near downtown Madison and convenient to shopping, dining, entertainment and waterfront activities. The hotel is owned by Kinseth Hospitality Companies.
New Renderings Available for Atwell Suites
The Atwell Suites brand is designed for a new generation of travelers with flexibility integrated throughout the hotel and programs that encourage social interaction and help foster a spirit of kinship among guests. To cater to all owners’ individual needs, IHG has also released a one-story lobby prototype that offers additional flexibility for specific markets and building sites.
As IHG works with owners to finalize plans for the first Atwell Suites locations, the company has also released new renderings for the brand, showcasing:
- An engaging bar and public spaces – An inviting counter features prominently in the lobby with a rich and dynamic atmosphere that flexes from morning to night and comes to life through a rich mix of colors and crafted materials. The space offers flexible seating with plenty of comfortable places to eat, work and socialize. Guests can visit the bar to enjoy small bites in the evening, as well as wine, beer and ready-to-drink cocktails. Self check-in stations will be available adjacent to the bar.
- Complimentary beverage area – Atwell Suites will offer a selection of complimentary beverages 24/7 – including coffee and specialty espresso, as well as still and sparking water. A sculptural neon light fixture is an enriching design detail that uplifts the space, while varied seating gives guests the space to unwind, focus and connect.
Atwell Suites’ guest suites are designed with zoned spaces to suit travelers’ different needs throughout their stay – from eating, to working, to lounging, to getting a great night’s sleep. The brand offers modern, purposeful furniture and fixtures to make sure guests have everything they need, along with thoughtful, unexpected touches that encourage discovery.
For more information about Atwell Suites, visit www.atwellsuites.com.
For further information please contact:
+1 (770) 604 2487
IHG® (InterContinental Hotels Group) [LON:IHG, NYSE:IHG (ADRs)] is a global organisation with a broad portfolio of hotel brands, including Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas, Regent Hotels & Resorts, InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton® Hotels & Restaurants, Hotel Indigo®, EVEN Hotels®, HUALUXE® Hotels and Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, voco™, Holiday Inn® Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn Express®, Holiday Inn Club Vacations®, avid™ hotels, Staybridge Suites®, Atwell Suites™ and Candlewood Suites®.
IHG franchises, leases, manages or owns nearly 5,800 hotels and approximately 865,000 guest rooms in more than 100 countries, with over 1,900 hotels in its development pipeline. IHG also manages IHG® Rewards Club, our global loyalty programme, which has more than 100 million enrolled members.
InterContinental Hotels Group PLC is the Group’s holding company and is incorporated in Great Britain and registered in England and Wales. More than 400,000 people work across IHG's hotels and corporate offices globally.
Visit www.ihg.com for hotel information and reservations and www.ihgrewardsclub.com for more on IHG Rewards Club. For our latest news, visit: www.ihgplc.com/media and follow us on social media at: www.twitter.com/ihgcorporate, www.facebook.com/ihgcorporate and www.linkedin.com/company/intercontinental-hotels-group