08 April 2021
Rest and recharge well at EVEN® Hotels during the “year of the travel reset”
Global Wellness Summit predicts all travel may become wellness travel in 2021
According to a recently released report from the Global Wellness Summit, 2021 is expected to be year of the “travel reset” where travelers get back on the road and go “slower, nearer and more mindfully,” following the unprecedented impact of COVID-19. Additionally, the organization predicts that all travel may become wellness travel as the work and personal lives of millions of Americans merged in 2020, extending the average workday by nearly an hour in many large cities. As a result, many employers are further emphasizing self-care for employees, beginning with vacations.
Another key travel trend highlighted by the Global Wellness Summit report is that of travelers embracing the healing power of nature. This trend got a boost during the pandemic and will likely continue through 2021 as travelers continue to practice social distancing by choosing outdoor activities.
EVEN® Hotels, created by IHG Hotels & Resorts with wellness at its core, is perfectly suited to meet these wellness travel trends. EVEN Hotels are located in some of the most scenic and inviting parts of the US, with savvy staff well-versed in wellness and area attractions and ready to suggest the best places to run, swim, hike and more. For travelers who can’t find time to get outside, EVEN Hotels’ thoughtful design brings the experience indoors with features that engage the senses such as the integration of natural light and accessories such as a living wall, terrariums and live plants.
The brand continues to grow with 16 hotels now open and 30+ in the global development pipeline. Properties recently opened and opening soon include:
- EVEN Hotels Denver Tech Center-Englewood (Colorado) – Opened last summer, the hotel is located in the heart of the Denver Technological Center and is a great base for those ready to journey into the 415 square mile Rocky Mountain National Park, or the Arapaho and Roosevelt National Forests. Light rail is conveniently located two blocks from the hotel, connecting guests with many area attractions, restaurants and entertainment such as the Fiddler’s Green Amphitheatre. The hotel is owned by Banyan Lane Holdings.
- EVEN Hotels Chicago Tinley Park (Illinois) – Opened in December 2020, the 200+ room hotel is located southwest of Chicago, making it easy for travelers to explore all of the culture and events the Windy City has to offer, as well as the expanse of Lake Michigan and unique local attractions such as the 18,000 acre Midewin National Tallgrass Prairie. Hotel guests can a enjoy two on-site restaurants, as well as an in-house yoga studio. The hotel is owned by The Harp Group.
- EVEN Hotels Shenandoah – The Woodlands (Texas) – Opening this spring, the hotel is located just five minutes from the world-class shopping, entertainment and dining of The Woodlands, and a short drive from downtown Houston. Guests can also explore the 163,000- acre Sam Houston National Forest. The hotel is owned by Maknojia Hotels.
Julienne Smith, Senior Vice President, Development, IHG, commented: “When we created the EVEN brand, we recognized that health and wellness was more than a trend – it was a sustainable, long-term demand from business and leisure travelers. Wellness has taken center stage for millions of Americans after 2020 and the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. As travel continues to come back, we expect this segment will realize its full potential as travelers search for hotels that allow them to maintain their wellness routine while on the road.”
Every EVEN Hotels property features the Athletic Studio, a signature feature of the brand, with best-in-class fitness equipment. Guest rooms feature in-room exercise zones that include fitness equipment and on-demand fitness videos, as well as a premium sleep experience with, plush high-thread-count linens, and color LED mood lighting to create a relaxing and calming environment. All EVEN Hotels offer nutritional and indulgent food options through the brand's signature Cork & Kale™ Café and Bar with a 24/7 Grab-and-Go marketplace.
IHG understands that cleanliness is top of mind for today's traveler. The company's longstanding commitment to rigorous cleaning procedures includes the IHG Way of Clean program developed with Ecolab and Diversey, both world leaders in hygiene and cleaning technologies. The program, launched in 2015, features deep cleaning with hospital-grade disinfectants as well as new COVID-19 protocols and best practices, developed with experts from the Cleveland Clinic. Additionally, as a part of the IHG family of brands, EVEN Hotels properties offer guests additional peace of mind with the IHG Clean Promise. Guests can be reassured that their room will meet IHG's high standards of cleanliness and, if not, we will make it right. Learn more about IHG's cleanliness initiatives and guest programs here.
For further information please contact:
+1 (770) 604 8290
+1 (770) 604 2487
IHG Hotels & Resorts [LON:IHG, NYSE:IHG (ADRs)] is a global hospitality company, with a purpose to provide True Hospitality for Good.
With a family of 16 hotel brands and IHG Rewards, one of the world’s largest hotel loyalty programmes, IHG has nearly 6,000 open hotels in more than 100 countries, and a further 1,800 due to open over the next five years.
- Luxury and Lifestyle: Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas, Regent Hotels & Resorts, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, Hotel Indigo
- Premium: HUALUXE Hotels and Resorts, Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, EVEN Hotels, voco Hotels
- Essentials: Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn Express, avid hotels
- Suites: Atwell Suites, Staybridge Suites, Holiday Inn Club Vacations, Candlewood Suites
InterContinental Hotels Group PLC is the Group’s holding company and is incorporated in Great Britain and registered in England and Wales. Approximately 350,000 people work across IHG's hotels and corporate offices globally.